Service Work-process work,


After walking the dogs in the morning with the sun popping out between the clouds I could help but think of a spiritual being in my life.  The air was cool and crispy but as I walked I look up and soaked in all the sun was offering.  I know Earth Day is Sunday April 22nd, Here's a Link- Earth Day 2018 

Each year and through out the year too, I pull out the mud boots, protective gloves, and my hoe, to walk the waters edge of the cattail basin across my street.  Our neighbors also do this and clean up as much as they can. Some times the water is to high and don't want to injure anyone.  

I collected two bags of trash that gets blown and tossed in through the winter months. 


I let the hair flow and be wild in the winds and the sun...my thoughts are on the Good Great Earth we live on. 


Cleaned up and went to the studio up stairs to see if I could complete a piece for my class I started, Collage: Line and Simple Shapes.  I wasn't sure if I liked it when I started, mainly because I'm bring other artists design styles in with my own...so this is new territory.


This piece Blue Bells will be matted and framed in a black frame today.  I used a limited palette and combine Piet Mondrian and some repetitive shapes though far from Frank Lloyd Wright and my own style of collaging.  The back ground paper is an engineer plans.  So there is not just solid white back ground.  And the black lines are thin piece of Kraft paper painted Black...Interesting how things work out...it's a process in learning...I'm hoping the students will enjoy too. This Thursday we will begin the process of creating our palette for our collage works.  


This piece was created for the class to, as an sample of where we could go with a style like Wassily Kandinsky.  Its called Living the Width of Life.  

And here's the little one I started as a demo in class last week...


Though Frank Lloyd Wright took simple shapes and repeated them I went way off on the other side and explored the simple shapes of the Blue Bells... I feeling a bit primitive but on a good note I explored it maybe went a bit to far...but crossing the three artist and my own style is bound to have some confusion.  Still I'm happy that I was able to get it to come together some what.  

Comments

Popular Posts